EXTENSIVE NORFOLK WINE COLLECTION TO GO UNDER THE HAMMER
A stunning cellar comprised of several hundred bottles of top-quality vintage wine will go under the hammer later this month as part of Keys Fine Art Auctioneers three day Fine Sale.
Top-name Champagnes, clarets, Burgundies, Ports and sweet wines are among the fine collection, amassed by a Blickling couple over a number of years. The couple are relocating to London, and have decided to put the whole cellar up for auction.
Among the hundreds of cases and bottles on offer are:
- Vintage Champagnes, including Krug 1990, Dom Perignon 1996, Cristal 1996 and Bollinger Grande Année 2002
- Clarets including Château Haut-Brion 1996, Château Léoville-Barton 1996, Château Pape-Clément 1990 and Château Gruaud-Larose 2000
- Sweet wines including Château d’Yquem 1997, Château Climens 1990 and Tokay Six Puttonyos 1993
- Ports including Taylors 2000 and Dows 1977
- Burgundies from Meursault, Puligny-Montrachet and Volnay
- Various vintages of Vega Sicilia Unico
“This is a well-chosen and properly stored cellar, the like of which seldom comes up for auction,” said Keys’ fine wine expert Paul Goodley. “It is the collection of a real enthusiast who has picked top wines and good vintages with care. It’s a great chance for wine-lovers to pick up some rare bottles for their own cellars.”
The wine collection will be auctioned on Thursday 26th July, the third day of the firm’s Fine Sale. A full catalogue is available at www.keysauctions.co.uk.